Key Updates in S4HANA 1909 Onpremise
- Journal entry upload app is enhanced to view accounting entry in T Shape also to add COPA fields upload template refer Scope item J58 with details
- Verify Journal entry app is improved to allow workflow setup as per user requirement, using it will Manage teams app and Manage workflow app gives you options to define your workflow without any development
- Several updates in Purchase order accrual process Scope item 2VB
- Allow Budget availability check for Cost centers
- Several updates made to General allocation
- SAP Copilot Skill was updated for new objects e.g Cost center change, Activity type, Doubtful account valuation etc.
- Inter Company Reconciliation is updated with and now its called “Inter company Matching and Reconciliation” (ICMU) from 1909 – its part of S4 core so don’t need separate license
- Group reporting will support Matrix consolidation
Refer link of S4HANA 1909 Simplification list (Copyright SAP AG)
Fiori Trouble shooting steps based on my experience
Most issues related to Cache, refer following steps to resolve cache related issues:
1) Invalidate client caches using program : /UI2/INVALIDATE_CLIENT_CACHES
2) Clear browser cache
3) Clear Gateway server cache : SPRO: SAP Netweaver > Gateway > OData Channel > Administration >Cache Settings > Metadata > Clear Cache (select all or for selected Model identifier)
Check Fiori Launchpad Intent Resolution Analyzer (Program: /UI2/FLIA )
For Fiori Content check -FLC (Program: /UI2/FLC )
Fiori launchpad designer (FLPD) also have some consistency check but compared to FLC it has fewer capabilities
For detailed step by step guide on Fiori application link with user role and Catalog refer
Refer S4HANA Fiori Application trouble shooting guide (Copyright SAP AG) it provide most common errors and its suggested solutions.
With S4HANA SAP is recommending to use Accounting based COPA and mention that Costing base COPA will not be developed further.
Now if you refer latest SAP documents it mentioned only “Margin analysis” will be supported for S4HANA Cloud and its recommended for S4HANA On-premise in addition to Costing based COPA option. Now question arise what happened to account based COPA?
SAP defines “Margin analysis- Profitability Analysis within the Universal Journal addressing the needs of internal and external accounting, supporting real-time derivation of reporting dimensions and embedded analytics.” and also mentions that “Margin Analysis is active if there is an activation flag for ‘account-based’ in the IMG procedure mentioned above.”
Now, do you know what is “Margin analysis”? Its just SAP rebranding exercise.
Margin Analysis covers record types F (billing documents), B (direct FI postings), C (settlement) and D (assessment) in costing-based CO-PA.
For record type A (incoming sales orders) SAP recommends to use “predictive accounting”, that creats predictive documents to represent the sales order prior to delivery and invoicing.
There is no direct migration from costing-based CO-PA to Margin Analysis.
For S4HANA Training and Certification material refer following links
- C_TS4FI_1909 SAP S/4HANA for Financial Associates 1909
- P_S4FIN_1909 SAP S/4HANA for Financial Professional 1909 (Recommended with Experienced SAP professionals)